Those that work in insurance have long known it has reputation issues.
The tried and trusted adage is that people don’t chose to work in insurance, they fall into it.
Externally, it is also viewed with distrust by consumers who see insurance as a grudge purchase, and one they might not have the utmost faith in.
But with increased scrutiny from the authorities - not least the Citizens Advice super complaint and subsequent Financial Conduct Authority thematic review – time is ticking for the sector to get its house in order or face mandated regulatory intervention.
Which means as a sector we need to engage with each other and all stakeholders, to join and shape the conversation.
Which is why Post has teamed up with the Chartered Insurance Institute to curate a new event, The Reputation Briefing on the 25th March, to provide a platform for market practitioners to scrutinize and dissect how things have been done in the past; and discuss how to improve them in the future.
To tackle subjects like dual pricing and diversity head on; not stick our heads in the sand and hope they go away.
The CII CEO Sian Fisher and Morgan Wild, policy lead (consumer and public services), Citizens Advice are already confirmed for an agenda, with others to be announced soon.
Attendance is by invitation only and strictly limited. If you would like to request an invitation to this event, please email [email protected]
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Analysis: Industry faces financial blow from discount rate revision
- ‘Bad outcome’ for industry as discount rate revised to -0.25%
- Allianz and LV win big at 2019 British Insurance Awards: Full list of winners
- British Insurance Awards 2019: Commercial Lines Broker of the Year - SME/Mid-Corporate - Towergate Insurance Brokers
- Majority of disputed claim rulings are won by insurers
- Zurich names Amanda Blanc's successor
- Ageas confirms Axa's Waks as chief risk officer for UK