Post forward features list
Insurance Post writers are working on the features listed below.
You may contact the journalists directly to offer interviews and comments.
Please make sure they have all relevant material several days before the deadline.
Topic: How are insurers responding to the rise of cryptocurrencies?
Author: Tim Evershed
Contact: [email protected]
Deadline: 21st February
Cryptocurrency adoption is to hit 200 million users by 2030 according to a Deutsche Bank report. Cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex recently obtained $300 million in digital asset insurance against theft or collusion for the cryptocurrency it holds in cold storage. The exchange obtained specialty insurance for corporations by insurance firm Lloyd’s of London after working with major insurance broker Marsh. The multi-million dollar loss suffered by investors at Canadian cryptocurrency exchange QuadrigaCX once again highlighted the risks of holding digital assets.
- What are the risks and potential losses associated with cryptocurrencies?
- Who is writing cryptocurrency cover?
- How does it work and what does it cover?
- How is the market developing and what is the potential for growth? Blue Vault offers insurance protection for the secure storage of digital asset private keys held in traditional vault facilities. While UK-based Coincover recently launched a Cryptocurrency Will product, in response to 4 million Bitcoins (US$30bn,) lost as a result of people dying without adequate plans in place.
- What are the challenges in covering such a fast-evolving area?
Topic: The rise in florist start-ups – how are brokers and insurers responding to the surge in insurance policies?
Author: Valerie Hart
Contact: [email protected]
Deadline: 28th February
Last year small business insurer Simply Business revealed an 88% surge in the number of insurance policies taken out for independent garden centres, nurseries and flower stores across the UK to mark the start of the Chelsea Flower Show (set to take place in May this year). The biggest growth over the four-year period was in London with 71%, followed by East Anglia (66%), and South West England and South East England (both 65%). In 2018, 895 insurance policies were taken out, compared to the 180 provided in 2014, four years prior London saw the biggest growth over the four-year period with 71%, followed by East Anglia (66%), and South West England and South East England (both 65%).
- As we see this rising trend, what level of insurance cover is available to new florists? E.g. contents insurance, public liability cover, professional indemnity cover, protecting goods while transit for special occasions/events.
- What is the most popular type of cover? How has extreme weather in the past year affected this?
- Can these policies be tailored depending on the type of florist – e.g, freelance florists, event florists and floral designers?
- What other flexibility do policies provide, for example on the amount of stock insured where there is more demand such as on Mother’s day and Valentines day?
- Gardening has seen a surge. What are the benefits to urban gardening? What should brokers be doing to ensure they give the right level of support to start-ups?
No, you can’t get final sign-off
Dear PR friends,
Following some requests received by Post’s freelancers and in-house journalists, we’d like to clarify a few points regarding quotations.
- We prefer you to trust us and not ask to check the quotations. Interviews are recorded; the points made by the spokesperson will be reported faithfully.
- For features, if you need to get the quotes approved, let us know in advance and get them signed off well within deadline. You’ll be able to see your spokesperson’s quotes, not the whole article.
- In some cases (technical points, figures, dates, unusual spellings), we’re happy for you to check we didn’t make mistakes.
- Only factual mistakes will be amended.
- We have a style guide and we’ll stick to it.
If you find these rules unreasonable, you may opt out of contributing comments. But we hope to continue working with you in a constructive and trusting atmosphere.
The Post team