Lloyd’s of London has been hit by a £2bn loss owing to an “exceptionally difficult year” of natural catastrophes.
Ian Gosden is to retire as chairman of Higos two months into the role and step down from the business on Friday.
UK brokers will be granted an introduction to European brokers in order to continue to write business across the Channel, under a deal announced by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association.
Underinsurance casts a long shadow across the world of listed properties, especially when owners are constantly expanding commercial activities. Experts warn that there can be many traps for the unwary or naïve, many of which do not come to light until there is a claim
A key role which will be helping to develop, test and launch a new flagship product which will be pivotal to Covea’s Small Business proposition
The salary is £35,000 (Depending on experience), Reading/West Malling
We are looking to recruit a claims assessor/technician for our City office
Salary £24,000 – £25,000., City of London
- Government to unveil discount rate reform
- Claimant lawyers accuse government of ‘washing its hands’ of injured people
- Insurance leaders pledge to pass on personal injury reform savings
- Tributes paid to former APPG insurance deputy chair Baroness Turner
- RSA's Gail Parker on using internal brand engagement to better serve customers
- City Minister on why the government is supporting insurance as the engine of the economy
- Ombudsman launches review following undercover investigation
Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2017 countdown. The data, produced in association with AM Best, lists firms based on their Solvency II returns.
Speaking to brokers and insurers in the sector Post asked them about the cyber landscape, coverage available and risk management.
A lack of large natural disasters, favourable exchange rates and a number of sizeable mergers have seen many of the top 30 European insurers weather the tough environment and climb the rankings complied by AM Best
The ranking of broking groups is based on research carried out in April and June 2016.