Co-op Insurance has won its claim against IBM for breach of an IT contract in 2017 and is entitled to a £13m net sum, the High Court has ruled.
Having worked at RSA for more than two decades, commercial managing director Rob Gibbs has certainly seen his fair share of the business, both in the UK and overseas. He speaks to Jonathan Swift about his latest challenge, navigating a newly combined commercial arm through a restructure, a hard market, the FCA business interruption test case and a potential takeover by Intact/Tryg.
Steve White, CEO of the British Insurance Brokers' Association, argues that sweeping headlines in the wake of last month's Supreme Court business interruption test case judgment haven't helped anybody.
After drawn-out consultations financial regulators will soon lay out what they expect from firms in terms of operational resilience. Harry Curtis investigates.
We're very pleased to be part of this latest @ClimateWise report. Working together with fellow @BritishInsurers members, and others in the sector, to deliver against the #ClimateWisePrinciples is crucial for us all #sustainability https://t.co/stIA3uACMk— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) February 17, 2021
- FCA mulls timeline for dual pricing fix following consultation
- FCA calls for even more progress from insurers as number of vulnerable customers reaches 27.7 million
- Widespread pandemic and disease exclusions tantamount to 'market failure', conference hears
- Interview: Rob Gibbs, RSA
- Exclusions will widen the expectation gap, FOS chief warns insurers
- Blog: Motor repairs - how are insurers responding to consumer behaviour?
- Insurers warned achieving net zero not enough to combat climate change
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day