Hiscox has been found not guilty of breaching the Data Protection Act in a court case brought against it by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Exclusive: Cigna Insurance Services has pulled out of the travel insurance market.
You can never keep a good revolutionary down.
Insurers want to tackle the rising costs of escape of water claims but not enough are investigated to detect fraud or identify third-party liability, argues John Gow, operations manager and senior investigator, IFIC Forensics.
Specialist insurer, Beazley, are seeking a Compliance Officer to join our specialist UK and Rest of World Compliance team in London.
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits, London (City of), London (Greater)
Eames is currently working with the CEO of an exciting technology focused motor insurance brand on the appointment of an experienced Trading Director
circa £70-100,000, Surrey
- Blog: Need a new CEO? You could do worse than look at your claims manager
- Ageas's François-Xavier Boisseau on fake pricing scandals
- Kanye West settles lawsuit against Lloyd’s syndicates
- Blog: Peer-to-peer insurtech Hey Guevara hints at return with household launch
- Lloyds Bank insurtech and innovation head joins Oxbow as a partner
- Cigna Insurance Services pulls out of travel market
- Brit sees major losses of $250m
Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2017 countdown. The data, produced in association with AM Best, lists firms based on their Solvency II returns.
As expected by AM Best, Chinese and Japanese companies ranked high. The largest Korean company was ranked seventh, and the largest Australian company followed at eighth.
A lack of large natural disasters, favourable exchange rates and a number of sizeable mergers have seen many of the top 30 European insurers weather the tough environment and climb the rankings complied by AM Best
The ranking of broking groups is based on research carried out in April and June 2016.