The Department of Justice for Northern Ireland has decided against changing the country's personal injury discount rate until a revised legal framework is in place.
Commerical insurance focused insurtech Cytora has moved to a remote-first set-up for employees including a £2000 annual budget for each member of staff to spend on travel within the UK and around the world.
Other insurers unlikely to intervene after RSA declines to appeal 'outlier' Marsh BI wording, say lawyers
RSA’s decision not to appeal the High Court’s rulings with regards to a widely-used Marsh wording is unlikely to result in another insurer launching an appeal of its own, with would-be interveners facing significant hurdles according to lawyers.
After an Excel error was blamed for 16,000 coronavirus cases being missed by the Track and Trace scheme, Covernet business development director Jim Campbell considers how insurers, brokers and managing general agents can avoid their own ‘Excel hell’.
Motor #vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among #teens. Here are some factors that contribute to this high rate and programs in place to help mitigate teen driving #risks. https://t.co/aiFteCfdSr #TeenDriversSafetyWeek #AutoSafety pic.twitter.com/uhtfGlfQws— Insurance Information Institute (@iiiorg) October 19, 2020
- Briefing: False hope is no antidote - a business interruption appeal is still firmly on the table
- Other insurers unlikely to intervene after RSA declines to appeal 'outlier' Marsh BI wording, say lawyers
- Aon, Allianz, Aviva, Convex, Direct Line, Gallagher, LV, Marsh, Munich Re and Zurich dicuss the future of work
- Fully Comp episode 4: Can London’s Square Mile bounce back after the pandemic?
- QBE makes Richard Pryce interim CEO as Pat Regan successor search continues
- No discount rate change for NI yet as country looks to Scottish model
- Failed Danish insurer and UK agent in legal battle over taxi driver policy premiums
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day