Insurtech Laka has closed a Series A fund raise of $12m (£8.9m) led by US mobility investor Autotech Ventures as it seeks to become “the global green mobility leader” diversifying into areas such as e-bikes, e-cargo bikes and potentially electric cars.
The trial in the case of Corbin & King v Axa, the outcome of which is eagerly anticipated by insurers and would-be business interruption claimants alike, came to a close on Wednesday.
The General Insurance Fraud Committee is hopeful that online advertising will be included in the Online Safety Bill, Clare Lunn, director of financial crime at LV GI and chair of the GIFC told Post.
Last year Malta became the first European nation to legalise cannabis after the United Nations reclassified the drug to recognise its therapeutic uses and – with other EU countries looking to follow suit – Post spoke to the specialists striving to meet the insurance needs of the fast-expanding US legal cannabis market to see what insurance lessons can be learned
- Axa and Corbin & King trade arguments on first day of BI cover trial
- Brokers fear market may later realise it has 'sleepwalked into irrelevance' as Lloyd's mulls HQ move
- Watch Ageas, By Miles, Zego and Zurich discuss the benefits of UBI in upcoming Insurance Post webinar
- FCA lacks ‘precision’ and regulators need greater accountability, inquiry hears
- Analysis: Covid BI disputes rage on a year after Supreme Court judgment
- FCA faces staff vote on strike action
- Biba takes aim at weight of regulation and broker FSCS costs
The top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority regulated companies listed by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR ratio
Diversification into primary insurance leads to shuffle among the world’s largest reinsurance groups AM Best's Catherine Thomas and Mathilde Jakobsen explain.
Asia Pacific non-life insurers have proven their agility and tenacity in overcoming headwinds over the past year to deliver solid results. Christie Lee, senior director of analytics for Asia-Pacific at AM Best, discusses the region’s scorecard
The impact of Covid-19 saw the European non-life insurance market report a decline in gross written premium and profit after tax. AM Best analyses the numbers and reports on the movements in the ranking and the outlooks for the leading markets within the continent