Loss adjusters have been asked by insurers to quantify furlough payment-related savings on Covid-19 business interruption claims.
Allianz: cyber usurps BI as biggest risk; Direct Commercial gets PE investment; Ford and ADT reveal JV Canopy; and Tractable launches AI Property
For the record: Post wraps up the major insurance deals, launches and investments of the week.
Law firm Edwin Coe has launched an action group to start proceedings against RSA and Qatar Insurance Company Europe, arguing that businesses are entitled to payouts for lockdowns in 2020 beyond the initial March restrictions.
Last year Malta became the first European nation to legalise cannabis after the United Nations reclassified the drug to recognise its therapeutic uses and – with other EU countries looking to follow suit – Post spoke to the specialists striving to meet the insurance needs of the fast-expanding US legal cannabis market to see what insurance lessons can be learned
- RSA and QIC face BI group action from hospitality businesses
- Insurers ask loss adjusters for furlough deduction data as potential litigation looms
- Allianz: cyber usurps BI as biggest risk; Direct Commercial gets PE investment; Ford and ADT reveal JV Canopy; and Tractable launches AI Property
- Hastings Direct adds Mark Cliff as non-exec chair after Peter Blanc departure
- Das compensation in ex-CEO fraud case lowered as insurer’s 'lack of candour' criticised
- Briefing: 10 insurtech start-ups to watch in 2022
- Are businesses in a position to address the increase in mental health issues such as Covid Anxiety Syndrome?
The top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority regulated companies listed by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR ratio
Diversification into primary insurance leads to shuffle among the world’s largest reinsurance groups AM Best's Catherine Thomas and Mathilde Jakobsen explain.
Asia Pacific non-life insurers have proven their agility and tenacity in overcoming headwinds over the past year to deliver solid results. Christie Lee, senior director of analytics for Asia-Pacific at AM Best, discusses the region’s scorecard
The impact of Covid-19 saw the European non-life insurance market report a decline in gross written premium and profit after tax. AM Best analyses the numbers and reports on the movements in the ranking and the outlooks for the leading markets within the continent