Exclusive: Hiscox CEO Bronek Masojada spoke to Post about the insurer's business interruption claims handling, sharing details on its 200-strong claims surge team, why it was a 'bit slow in getting going', and shedding light on its collaboration with brokers before the test case.
A-Plan Group is aiming to break the £1bn gross written premium barrier within the next four years, CEO Carl Shuker told Post.
European insurers are increasingly look to divest parts of their business in the wake of the pandemic, a survey of chief financial officers conducted by rating agency Moody’s has found.
When the Solvency II regulation was conceived in 2001, the term Brexit didn’t even exist. Fast forward 20 years and as well as the UK’s exit from the European Union the general insurance market is facing a pandemic no one foresaw and persistently low interest rates. Post investigates what the two separate reviews of the regulation will mean for the UK and beyond
- BI claims process 'beginning to work' says Hiscox's Masojada as insurer plays catch up
- FCA warns Google and social media of legal action over scam adverts
- Motor insurtech Caura raises $4.2m and strikes deal with Jaguar Land Rover
- Aegis launches assailant parametric product; Amicus in MBO; Davies buys two; and Vitality Car launches
- Intelligence: Political risk and the pandemic
- Blog: Why it’s important for insurance firms to prioritise social mobility
- A-Plan targets £1bn GWP within four years
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
Following on from Insurance Post’s Covid Casts, this new video series tackles some of the biggest issues in insurance including the future of flood insurance, mental health inclusivity, crowdfunding for insurtech, the Supreme Court business interruption ruling and whiplash protocol reaction.