Corbin & King verdict leads to ‘dusting off’ of BI claims as Premier League teams issue court action
The legal sector is revisiting business interruption claims that might have been mothballed after the Financial Conduct Authority Test case as the Corbin & King verdict reopens the possibility of policyholders being able to bring claims under their non-damage denial of access clauses.
Welcome to the latest episode of the Motor Mouth podcast, as we count down to the Insurance Post event Motor and Mobility on the 15 June at Mercedes Benz World.
While sentiment analytics is not a new concept, its adoption by insurers has not yet been fully realised. Arguably, its biggest potential is in the area of reputational risk, writes Karim Derrick, product and innovation director at Kennedys IQ.
The government recently closed a loophole in the legislation on driving with mobile phones. Sam Barrett finds that while the changes are welcome, there are concerns that the law does not go far enough, and legislation needs to be tougher still
- Corbin & King verdict leads to ‘dusting off’ of BI claims as Premier League teams issue court action
- Motor insurance fraud roundtable: Data and diligence, how can insurers combat any increase in criminal activity?
- Motor Mouth Podcast: Data advancements and customer experience
- Insurance Post TV: Price walking special – what impact has the FCA ban had on the personal lines market?
- Motor premiums still in decline in real terms, says ABI
- Insurance-related nuisance calls and texts rose by 40% in 2021
- Howden's Peter Blanc on how to manage the consumer duty challenge
The top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority regulated companies listed by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR ratio
Diversification into primary insurance leads to shuffle among the world’s largest reinsurance groups AM Best's Catherine Thomas and Mathilde Jakobsen explain.
Asia Pacific non-life insurers have proven their agility and tenacity in overcoming headwinds over the past year to deliver solid results. Christie Lee, senior director of analytics for Asia-Pacific at AM Best, discusses the region’s scorecard
The impact of Covid-19 saw the European non-life insurance market report a decline in gross written premium and profit after tax. AM Best analyses the numbers and reports on the movements in the ranking and the outlooks for the leading markets within the continent