Having spent her career working for brokers and then an insurer, Crawford & Company’s new UK and Ireland president Lisa Bartlett speaks to Jonathan Swift about why she has now thrown herself into claims management and loss adjusting, and how she is planning to upset the ‘status quo’
North America’s Risk Management Society has cancelled its annual conference and exhibition in light of growing concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
On Friday Lloyd’s will close its underwriting room at 1 Lime Street as it tests its alternative trading protocols.
The insurance industry is at something of a crossroads, with regulatory requirements insisting on total transparency in terms of advice and access, and a number of other challenges around capital and distribution. Paul Goodhind, partner and chief strategist at Kamet Ventures argues although it is a sector driven by data, it doesn’t always harness it optimally.
'Disappointing' Aon/WTW merger could see risk managers turn backs on broking giants, warns Airmic CEO
The UK risk management association Airmic has voiced disappointment at Aon’s merger with Willis Towers Watson, warning that its members are prepared to turn to alternative modes of risk transfer if they feel they aren’t getting value for money.
The use of cryptocurrencies continues to grow with investors increasingly regarding them as another asset class, while an increasing number of companies and countries now accept them as valid forms of currency
John Ludlow, CEO of Airmic, argues that 2020 should be the year where insurance moves from a tripartite to roundtable relationship.
The chair of Natural England, Tony Juniper, yesterday urged insurers to put their weight behind upcoming climate change talks in Glasgow later this year.
Senior Risk Specialist to join our Clients London team in order to play a key part of the improvement of Risk management application.
£70000 - £85000 per annum, London
Senior Risk Engineer required to join an International Lloyds Insurance Broker in the City of London. Mustbe fluent French and be able to travel internationally
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, City of London
We have launched an emergency fundraising appeal to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on people affected by dementia calling on the insurance industry to unite at this difficult time. Find out more about our appeal and donate here: https://t.co/cU7hl3Cn7S— Insurance United Against Dementia (@InsuranceUAD) March 25, 2020
- Six month coronavirus lockdown could force 'total reassessment' of motor insurance risks
- Covid-19 Resilience Survey finds insurance employees most concerned about mental health and mass sickness
- Insurance Covid Cast – episode one: How has the industry’s reputation been impacted by its handling of the coronavirus epidemic
- Bank of England’s warning: Which insurers have put pay to dividends?
- Tributes paid to former Co-op insurance marketing head Paul Hemingway
- UK body repair sector reports claims down more than 70% due to Covid-19 restrictions
- Motor Insurance World Live video presentation: Same problem, new challenges; tackling motor fraud in 2020