Claims firms and no-win-no-fee solicitors have ramped up attempts to get businesses to make Covid-related claims with them following the Supreme Court business interruption ruling – but insurance experts are concerned that fees could be as much as 40% of any damages.
The Financial Conduct Authority has published proposals to cap the fees claims management companies can charge their customers.
Under the Bonnet, driven by Haynes Pro: What progress is being made in making the UK vehicle pool more environmentally friendly?
In the first of a new quarterly series in association with Post, Haynes Pro crunches the data to look at the take up of electric and hybrid vehicles in the UK over the past 10 years
The emergence of a cluster of start up and scale up carriers, or a class of 2020, caught analysts by surprise despite the hardening market.
- Commission-hungry claims firms target Covid-hit businesses
- FCA proposes to cap CMC fees saving consumers £9.6m a year
- Policyholders must be helped to understand gaps in cover says CII panel
- Loss adjusters report 'significant' rise in BI claims volume
- Live: Supreme Court rules largely in favour of policyholders in FCA's BI test case battle
- Under the Bonnet, driven by Haynes Pro: What progress is being made in making the UK vehicle pool more environmentally friendly?
- Intelligence: Hard market times are here
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day