Last year Malta became the first European nation to legalise cannabis after the United Nations reclassified the drug to recognise its therapeutic uses and – with other EU countries looking to follow suit – Post spoke to the specialists striving to meet the insurance needs of the fast-expanding US legal cannabis market to see what insurance lessons can be learned
The Lords' Industry and Regulators Committee has launched an inquiry into commercial insurance and reinsurance regulation.
Aviva has started a recruitment drive to add at least 40 underwriters working on regional mid-market business, chief distribution officer Gareth Hemming told Post.
Repairers must patch up their skills to keep pace with growing demand for electric vehicles but bodyshops say labour rates and current take-up levels are holding them back
- Aviva to boost regional underwriting headcount by 10%
- Watch Direct Line, LV, Microsoft and Sas discuss hyperautomation in upcoming Insurance Post webinar
- Intelligence: Insuring the growing US cannabis market
- Malcolm Hyde to depart CILA after 13 years
- Gallagher adds Elliot Miller to lead Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North East of England
- Allianz in regional commercial restructure; GRS extends global reach with adjuster tie-up; Movo buys three; and Tractable strikes two new deals
- PRA flags climate change and silent cyber in Dear CEO letter to insurers
The top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority regulated companies listed by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR ratio
Diversification into primary insurance leads to shuffle among the world’s largest reinsurance groups AM Best's Catherine Thomas and Mathilde Jakobsen explain.
Asia Pacific non-life insurers have proven their agility and tenacity in overcoming headwinds over the past year to deliver solid results. Christie Lee, senior director of analytics for Asia-Pacific at AM Best, discusses the region’s scorecard
The impact of Covid-19 saw the European non-life insurance market report a decline in gross written premium and profit after tax. AM Best analyses the numbers and reports on the movements in the ranking and the outlooks for the leading markets within the continent