There will be no job losses from Markerstudy buying Brightside with the brand and Bristol office being kept, Gary Humphreys, group underwriting director at Markerstudy, told Post.
For the record: Brightside sold to Markerstudy; Aviva acquires Axa XL HNW team; Aston Lark buys Bruce Stevenson and Inflexion invests in broking again
Post wraps up the major insurance deals, launches and investments of the week
Aviva has posted a combined operating ratio of 98.5% for its UK general insurance business in 2020, reporting growth across commercial lines and progress on its pledge to slash its available personal lines products by 80%.
Professional indemnity premiums for independent financial advisers have soared, driven by a perfect storm of legislative and claims change
Today we’ve announced the most demanding carbon emission target of any major insurance company in the world 🌍— Aviva plc (@avivaplc) March 1, 2021
For the world to reach Net Zero, it’s going to take leadership and radical ambition. And it is going to take Aviva to play our part. https://t.co/8UH3yK2s3O pic.twitter.com/6OzGPqoL0Q
- Spotlight: Sustainability - Driving down carbon emissions in the construction industry
- Advertising feature: Optimising claims indemnity spend for insurers
- Advertising feature: Are pet insurers doing enough to support pre-existing conditions?
- For the record: Brightside sold to Markerstudy; Aviva acquires Axa XL HNW team; Aston Lark buys Bruce Stevenson and Inflexion invests in broking again
- Aviva confirms £84m Covid hit as commercial lines book surpasses £2bn
- PI Analysis: Construction sector locked out by high rising premiums
- Webinar: CPD - How are insurance companies developing career paths for future talent
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day