Troubled unrated Danish insurer Gefion has seen its 2018 solvency ratio plummet after it was forced to restate accounts.
Exclusive: Non-standard motor insurance specialist Complete Cover has been acquired by former Pizza Express and Punch Taverns investor Sun Capital Partners after a 12 month sales process that has seen previous backer Darwin Private Equity exit the business.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association has joined the board of the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office.
In the first of our series of podcasts with Motor Insurance World speakers Martin Milliner, general insurance claims director at LV General Insurance, is interviewed by Post’s content director Jonathan Swift, outlining what challenges insurers can expect to come across over the next decade.
Joining our Midlands and East territories as a Regional Manager, you will direct the delivery of sustainable profitable growth...
Competitive basic salary + bonus up to 33%, Midlands & East of England region
An Insurance MGA, are currently recruiting for an Operation Manager with strong Credit Control/Bordeaux experience: £700 per day
Contract - £700 per day , London (Greater)
Well done to everyone who took part in our cycle-a-thon this week. Collectively the team cycled 799.39km, which would have taken them all the way to Chateauroux, France! Thank you to everyone for your sponsorship & donations, so far we have raised over £1,600 for @Tog4ShortLives pic.twitter.com/eMoMv1nJfM— BLM (@BLM_Law) January 23, 2020
- The history of direct insurance in the UK: How Direct Line and Churchill took on the establishment and ended up as merger partners
- Complete Cover sold to Pizza Express and Punch Taverns investor Sun Capital Partners
- Banks push further into UK SME insurance
- Motor Mouth Podcast 1: To 2020, and Beyond!
- Coronavirus: Organisations urged to review business continuity and crisis management plans
- Q&A: Churchill founder and former chairman and CEO Martin Long
- Insurers still ‘lag behind’ other financial firms in digital transformation
The top 100 UK insurers have been on top of their game this year. Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2019 countdown, produced in association with AM Best.
Post, in association with Tällt Ventures, indexes those that have the most potential to influence, change or disrupt the global market.
Speaking to brokers and insurers in the sector Post asked them about the cyber landscape, coverage available and risk management.
Michèle Bacchus spoke to brokers to find out their thoughts on regulation, their trade body and their opinion of the UK insurance market