Michèle Bacchus spoke to brokers to find out their thoughts on regulation, their trade body and their opinion of the UK insurance market
There are more than 3000 insurance brokers in operation providing support and advice. Post asked them their opinions on the regulators, their trade body and the current state of the insurance market.
Between February and March 2018, a total of 144 UK brokers responded to an online survey created by Post. The questions pertained to a range of issues concerning insurers, regulation and governance, professionalism, digital technology and the future. Brokers answered on an anonymous basis and any reference to particular companies has been taken out. The survey was sent out to both personal lines and commercial lines brokers and more than 70% of respondents work in SMEs.
The full report is free from 1 May for premium subscribers or can be bought by contacting [email protected]
Thank you to everyone who came to the @InsCharities golf tournament yesterday. The sun shone eventually and a great day was had by all. Well done to the Team @WTW_ins who took the team trophy with 89 points! 👏👏👏 #golf #insurance #insuranceindustry pic.twitter.com/12i7aqV1bz— Insurance Charities (@InsCharities) September 12, 2019
- Lloyd's posts £2.3bn first-half profit driven by investment income
- Blog: No more hard and soft - are corporate flip-flops the new insurance cycle you CAN rely on?
- Interview: Steven Wallace, McLarens
- Sex discrimination a 'significant' insurance issue as claims and payouts increase
- Advertising Feature: Is a lack of expertise at bodyshops putting drivers at risk?
- Claims Consortium completes acquisition of Stream
- GFSC reveals incoming CEO as Samantha Barrass bows out early