Michèle Bacchus spoke to brokers to find out their thoughts on regulation, their trade body and their opinion of the UK insurance market
There are more than 3000 insurance brokers in operation providing support and advice. Post asked them their opinions on the regulators, their trade body and the current state of the insurance market.
Between February and March 2018, a total of 144 UK brokers responded to an online survey created by Post. The questions pertained to a range of issues concerning insurers, regulation and governance, professionalism, digital technology and the future. Brokers answered on an anonymous basis and any reference to particular companies has been taken out. The survey was sent out to both personal lines and commercial lines brokers and more than 70% of respondents work in SMEs.
The full report is free from 1 May for premium subscribers or can be bought by contacting [email protected]
#News: The insurance industry is putting forward ideas to make it easier for the financial sector to invest in greener assets, unlocking billions of pounds worth of funds which could help mitigate the impact of #ClimateChange https://t.co/icxnybN0Lp pic.twitter.com/68IovgDTJq— ABI (@BritishInsurers) March 11, 2019
- Claims Apprentice 2019: Episode 1 - Meet the teams
- Ageas office closures result in 430 redundancies
- Aviva wins landmark appeal in fundamental dishonesty case
- Insurtech Kinsu hits pause over lack of funds
- Industry welcomes launch of discount rate review: updated
- Axa’s SME trading centres put 106 jobs at risk
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh