Markerstudy’s long-running takeover of Co-op’s insurance underwriting business could be completed by Christmas after the Prudential Regulation Authority signed off on the deal, Post can reveal.
Sompo International’s international insurance CEO Julian James sat down for a ‘virtual chinwag’ with Harry Curtis to talk returning from retirement, the business’s Lloyd’s exit and brand ambitions, the hardening market and ‘Armageddon scenarios’.
Axa has blamed Lockton for issuing an incorrect certificate as the insurer estimated its liability for the damage portion of a property claim at £541,000 rather than the £1.7m being sought by property investor Aubrey Weis in a High Court action.
As the drive to a greener, more sustainable housing market continues so modern methods of construction are increasing in both popularity and usage. This drive is coming from a combination of government policies, consumer demand and also from within the industry itself
We’re delighted to announce our general insurance business is supporting the @family_action #Christmas2020 #ToyAppeal🧒🎄We've set a 500 gift target from our people and will match with a further 500 gifts from LV=🎁💚Find out more: #MakeTheirsMagic✨https://t.co/x9uxd0oInS pic.twitter.com/69o2xc1eVD— LV= (@lv) November 26, 2020
- Axa blames Lockton errors in defence to property developer's fire claim
- Supreme Court clarifies arbitration bias in Deepwater Horizon Chubb ruling
- Blog: Lloyd’s and the London Market, your time has come
- Blog: Building a more sustainable approach to motor claims
- FCA's product governance proposals could have longer term impact than price walking ban
- Spotlight: Sustainability: The impact of modern methods of construction on insurers
- Kingfisher alleges deceit and software breaches in £25m claim against ex-Fresh owners
A ranking of the top 100 Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated UK insurance companies, with each business broken down by gross written premium, net written premium, underwriting result, retention ratio, solvency capital requirement and SCR Ratio.
Six up-and-coming claims managers, six ambitious candidates, all with one aim, to be crowned Claims Apprentice 2020. But who will be victorious?
Post, in association with Sønr, indexes the businesses driving the innovation across the market, some offering solutions to accelerate corporate activity, others paving their own futures.
A series of video casts brought to you by Insurance Age and Insurance Post while our journalists are in isolation lockdown looking at the major topics of the day