Law firm Kennedys has spun out part of its innovation function as a separate wholly-owned limited company in order to speed up product development and attract staff more suited to its technology/software focus.
Delays to the legislation that will govern the whiplash portal mean it is highly unlikely the portal will launch in April, Association of British Insurers director general Huw Evans projected.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme is now stepping in to protect the majority of policies sold in the UK to individuals and small businesses by CBL Insurance Europe having declared the insurer to be in default.
Insurers are tightening up high-net-worth policies. Mark Pierce, operations director at Criterion, asks what this means for customers.
Our adjusters are encountering extreme conditions as they visit homeowners and businesses affected by #StormDennis. One of our agricultural adjusters @MaxwellPerris demonstrates the water levels people are experiencing. #CrawfordRestores pic.twitter.com/Q8EJskAplY— Crawford & Company (@crawco) February 18, 2020
- Deliveroo investors back £3.3m raise for ex-Aviva innovation head's gig economy insurtech
- UKGI CEOs want to fix the loyalty penalty: Penny James
- ABI calls for annual government flood defence spending to rise to £1.2bn
- Allianz UK operating profit drop driven by 'large number of factors': Jon Dye
- ABI expects whiplash portal to launch 'beyond' April
- Flood impact driving on claims surge after storms Dennis and Ciara
- Operating profit down one third at Allianz UK
The top 100 UK insurers have been on top of their game this year. Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2019 countdown, produced in association with AM Best.
Post, in association with Tällt Ventures, indexes those that have the most potential to influence, change or disrupt the global market.
Post revisited its popular Census research to find out how closely the sector reflects the society it serves.
One year after Post’s first nationwide cyber insurance survey, Michèle Bacchus revisits the policies, claims and statistics to give you the low-down on what to expect now and in the future of this fast-moving sector.