Winner: CFC Underwriting
- The Insurance Emporium
- Pool Re
Defined by a mission to radically simplify the way business insurance is bought and sold, CFC Underwriting was handed Specialist Insurer of the Year award for its compelling cyber propositions.
Challenging assumptions and constantly innovating, the company has successfully used technology to drive change in the cyber market and developed ground-breaking cover in emerging risk areas.
Innovations include a market-leading business interruption cover triggered by IT system failure as well as malicious cyber events, and a bespoke cyber product for healthcare.
After a successful US launch of its Ehealth solution, CFC now plans to release this product internationally.
To educate brokers in cyber products, CFC developed in-depth cyber claims case studies, hosted events and webinars and launched a bi-monthly educational newsletter entitled the Cyber Fix.
Investing in a new technology platform and development team has not only reduced enquiry response time significantly but also allowed the release of new products in record time.
CFC has cemented its position as one of the industry’s top providers of cyber insurance and provides an invaluable service educating its many brokers on cyber.
“A solid niche market leader,” said one judge.
To be named Specialist Insurer of the Year is truly amazing. We’re passionate about our business and really care about our customers. This award reflects not just how far we’ve come over the past 20 years to become a full-service specialist insurance provider with a global customer base, but the hard work of our team to get us there. I’m incredibly proud of each and every one of them.David Walsh, founder and CEO, CFC Underwriting
- FCA announces crackdown over treatment of vulnerable customers
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Hiscox floats seized ship cover as Iran Gulf tensions threaten premiums
- Blog: Home insurance - the rise of non-standard
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Investment returns drive Beazley half-year profit as it strengthens cat reserves
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer