Winner: BGL Group
- 360 Globalnet
- Azur Group in partnership with Outra
- Legal & General
- Zurich Insurance
With digital innovation firmly at the centre of its strategy in terms of customer experience and growth, it’s no wonder BGL Group was handed Digital Insurance Innovation of the Year award.
BGL realised more customers were looking to complete high volume transactions such as the actioning of renewal online, a service the company didn’t currently offer.
Faced with a growing customer appetite for self service, high volumes of new regulation and non-agile legacy systems, BGL was keen to develop a true end-to-end digital brand capability and service for its customers.
A newly formed digital customer experience team drew up ‘digital principles’ to ensure focus, and decided to make high transparency across journeys a priority to build up their customers’ trust and reassurance.
This has certainly worked: online customer adoption has doubled and new technical future-looking architecture is already helping support digital propositions of the future.
“This seems like a full-blown enterprise digital transformation programme which is well underway,” stated one judge. Indeed, a significant amount of servicing functions can be self-served, the ‘mobile first’ customer journeys have been completely redesigned and online engagement is encouraged with integrated webchat and a virtual assistant.
We are absolutely delighted to win the award. This is a fantastic recognition of the team’s hard work and investment in the journey so far, and customers are certainly responding well. As a group we will continue to focus on innovating and developing our digital propositions.Mark Townsend, managing director Frontline at BGL Group
Thank you to everyone who came to the @InsCharities golf tournament yesterday. The sun shone eventually and a great day was had by all. Well done to the Team @WTW_ins who took the team trophy with 89 points! 👏👏👏 #golf #insurance #insuranceindustry pic.twitter.com/12i7aqV1bz— Insurance Charities (@InsCharities) September 12, 2019
- Lloyd's posts £2.3bn first-half profit driven by investment income
- Blog: No more hard and soft - are corporate flip-flops the new insurance cycle you CAN rely on?
- Sex discrimination a 'significant' insurance issue as claims and payouts increase
- Interview: Steven Wallace, McLarens
- Claims Consortium completes acquisition of Stream
- Advertising Feature: Is a lack of expertise at bodyshops putting drivers at risk?
- GFSC reveals incoming CEO as Samantha Barrass bows out early