The Diversity & Inclusion in Insurance Awards will be held in November
It is a mantra that is being repeated increasingly: That as a business you are only as good as the people you employ. And that you can best manage and fulfil your customer needs by recruiting a workforce that is as diverse and representative of the population you serve.
Insurance has for a long time being characterised as ‘pale, male and stale’, but times they-are-a-changing. With insurers, brokers and all parts of the insurance supply chain making strides to consign this stereotype to history; and change the perception of a sector which remains so important to the economic outlook of the country.
With this in mind, Infopro Digital, the publishers of Insurance Post and Insurance Age is delighted to announce that it will hold the first Diversity and Inclusion in Insurance Awards in London in November.
Launched last week at the British Insurance Brokers’ Association conference, the event will celebrate individuals who work in the insurance sector who have done the most to champion D&I awareness and issues within their organisation and wider afield in areas such as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex rights; mental health; disability rights; gender and race equality.
There will also be organisational awards to celebrate the businesses that have done the most to empower staff to tackle D&I; carry out a progressive recruitment strategy; and make strides to be a flexible employer.
And the celebration will not stop there, with follow up coverage of the 13 awards across both Insurance Post and Insurance Age after the event giving both short-listers and winners maximum publicity for their fantastic efforts.
- Brexit: UK motorists unlikely to get compensation from hit and runs in France
- Axa’s David Williams to discuss the future of mobility on latest Post webinar
- FCA warns of unauthorised motor broker
- FSCS lifts lid on response to collapsed insurers
- Direct Line motor head warns of 'dangerous' autonomous vehicle tipping point
- The Post Claims Awards 2019: Full list of winners
- Allianz's Stephanie Smith on cultural transformation in the industry