Winner: Broker Network’s Learning Network
- Allianz Insurance
- Bartlett & Company
- Be Wiser Insurance
- Covéa Insurance
Providing collaborative learning across multiple platforms, Broker Network’s Learning Network was announced winner of the Investing in the Profession/Training award.
A small team has created a successful learner-centric experience bringing together industry-leading experts and learners through digital learning, webinars and virtual classrooms to enhance and share knowledge.
The Learning Network identified a clear need to offer support in all areas of professional development, and sought to instil strong professional standards.
Learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom, but takes place in-role and on the job, so after harnessing available knowledge and resources, learning pathways were designed for key broking roles, offering a structured self-learning route that include bitesize learning on a digital platform.
‘Webinar Wednesdays’, virtual classrooms and regional forums are just some of the opportunities on offer and the organisation is soon to launch its own apprenticeship programme. Staff engagement levels are at an all-time high.
Peer-to-peer learning is also greatly encouraged, and has allowed for the continuous sharing of best practice and current knowledge right across the broking community.
“A training enterprise looking to deliver what is needed in a mode that is suitable,” noted one judge.
Winning such a prestigious award was a huge surprise. We are really proud of the offering to our members and staff. We have a unique approach and have sort to revolutionise the way professional development in the independent broking market is being approached. It encourages collaborative learning across multiple audiences, connecting industry leading experts and bringing learners together through digital learning, webinars and virtual classrooms.Gail Braithwaite, head of member support services at Broker Network’s Learning Network
- FCA announces crackdown over treatment of vulnerable customers
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Hiscox floats seized ship cover as Iran Gulf tensions threaten premiums
- Blog: Home insurance - the rise of non-standard
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Investment returns drive Beazley half-year profit as it strengthens cat reserves
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer