RSA group claims director Bill Paton was last night acclaimed as the achievement award winner at the Post Claims Awards.
Announcing the prize former colleague and judge Tony Emms, presenting on behalf of the Chartered Insurance Institute, noted his rise to prominence having started his insurance career at the Provinical after retiring as a football player with Ayr United.
Emms recalled how Paton had not only held senior roles at insurers, but also law firm DAC Beachcroft and outsourcer Capita.
Over 250 claims managers attended the event at the Royal Garden Hotel hosted by comedian Alex Horne.
The Full List of Winners
Customer Care Award for a Company
Customer Care Award for an Individual
Stephen Ward- Bluefin
Claims Innovation of the Year
Personal Lines Team of the Year
Commercial Lines Team of the Year
Rising Star Award
Michelle Schifano at Allianz
Loss Adjuster of the Year
The Insurance Law Firm of the Year
Claims Technology Partner of the Year
Insurance Claims Manager of the Year
Nick Lock, Major Loss Team Manager, Allianz Insurance
Claims Achievement Award
We are excited to announce that @SFoodbanks and the Sunday morning initiative team will be joining us at this years @WDragonboat ! The team will have their collection van so bring any food donations you can for local foodbanks #HungerDoesntWearClubColours #CharityTuesday pic.twitter.com/UT9Diup11C— Carpenters Group (@CarpentersGroup) August 20, 2019
- BoE governor Carney warns insurers over climate change
- FSCS to compensate 14,000 Alpha policyholders as deal collapses
- Blog: Loyalty penalties - how the industry can be changed by smart technology
- Brightside appoints Derek Henry as broking MD
- Private equity firm takes majority stake in Avid
- Low first-half cat losses give reinsurers temporary respite as Typhoon Jebi losses continue to mount
- Blog: Unrated insurers - the risks for UK brokers