RSA group claims director Bill Paton was last night acclaimed as the achievement award winner at the Post Claims Awards.
Announcing the prize former colleague and judge Tony Emms, presenting on behalf of the Chartered Insurance Institute, noted his rise to prominence having started his insurance career at the Provinical after retiring as a football player with Ayr United.
Emms recalled how Paton had not only held senior roles at insurers, but also law firm DAC Beachcroft and outsourcer Capita.
Over 250 claims managers attended the event at the Royal Garden Hotel hosted by comedian Alex Horne.
The Full List of Winners
Customer Care Award for a Company
Customer Care Award for an Individual
Stephen Ward- Bluefin
Claims Innovation of the Year
Personal Lines Team of the Year
Commercial Lines Team of the Year
Rising Star Award
Michelle Schifano at Allianz
Loss Adjuster of the Year
The Insurance Law Firm of the Year
Claims Technology Partner of the Year
Insurance Claims Manager of the Year
Nick Lock, Major Loss Team Manager, Allianz Insurance
Claims Achievement Award
A huge well done to all involved with organising our Remembrance Day event on Friday, including our Corporate Real Estate team. One of them, Ibrahim, took this incredible footage of poppies dropping as he (along with others) leaned (safely!) over the gantry to let them go. pic.twitter.com/pSbapkWBBR— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) November 12, 2018
- RSA pulls out of three London market lines
- Interview: Ian Muress, Sedgwick International
- Mike Brockman reveals plans for ‘next generation’ telematics
- California wildfire losses expected to hit record levels
- Aviva to transfer 1.39m policies to Irish post-Brexit hub
- Hyperion takes on $115m of debt to fund further acquisitions
- Zego to offer ‘flexible’ business insurance through challenger bank Starling