Thatcham Research has appointed Jonathan Hewett as CEO, replacing Peter Shaw.
He will begin his new role on 7 January. He succeeds Shaw, who stepped down in June.
Hewett was the global chief marketing officer at Octo Telematics. Prior to that, he held other senior leadership and international roles at AIG, Dealflo and Dixons.
Graham Gibson, chairman at Thatcham Research said: “In a period when cars will change out of all recognition as we know them today, I am delighted that Jonathan has been appointed as CEO. He brings considerable knowledge and experience, combined with great leadership skills.”
Hewett said: “We are amid once in a lifetime changes to our relationship with cars and mobility in general. The consequent impact on insurers and the automotive sector present enormous opportunities to improve consumer experience and efficiency for businesses. Over the last 50 years, Thatcham Research has provided crucial insight and data driven analysis for insurers and the automotive industry as a whole, and I am very much looking forward to working with the team in pursuit of our vision – safer cars and fewer crashes.”
James Dalton, director of general insurance policy at the Association of British Insurers, said: “The rapid advances in motoring technology mean Thatcham Research’s role as an adviser to the insurance industry is increasingly vital. Jonathan has an excellent background in automotive technology and a track record of working closely with insurers and vehicle manufacturers which will stand him in good stead.”
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing
- Brightside winds up lawsuits under Brendan McCafferty
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett