Exclusive: Fadata Group has acquired Munich-based technology specialist Impeo and its subsidiaries.
The group said that the acquisition of Impeo, who has clients including Generali and Zurich, extends Fadata’s insurance process platform with products aimed at improving insurer’s engagement with customers and intermediaries.
John Macdonald, CEO, Fadata Group, said: “Impeo‘s strengths are in its deep understanding of the requirements of the German-speaking markets, in delivering client-focused technology solutions to help insurers market their products, and in the depth of the skills and talent they have to help their customers’ digital journey.”
Alexander Schweers, co-founder, Impeo, said: “Fadata and its shareholders are in investment mode, capitalising on their position of strength and industry leadership.”
In 2015, Charles Taylor and private equity firm The Riverside Company acquired a majority interest in REF Wisdom, the owner of Fadata.
Ralf Bojarra, co-founder, Impeo, said: “Munich will develop as our principal operating base for the region as we grow the client base and customer services team across all the products of the Fadata Group.”
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Marsh boss joins GRP-backed Marshall Wooldridge