Post's first ever all-encompassing property conference - Preparing for the next wave of risks, addre...
Post's first ever all-encompassing property conference - Preparing for the next wave of risks, addressed a range of challenges facing the sector, from natural and man-made activity, through to regulatory change and changes to buildings themselves.
The property sector is in the front line when it comes to one of the growing threats to existing risk and claims models - climate change. And with this in mind, this conference was carbon offset in its own right, part of a move by Post to support our own carbon offsetting campaign - Underwrite the Future - run in collaboration with climate change charity Pure. In fact, all of Post's Management Briefings planned for this year have now been carbon offset.
With change coming fast, and risk increasing, one might expect the property market to be cautious, yet, in terms of rates, we are in a very soft market with them either static or falling. There is also very strong evidence that property insurers are actually expanding the risks they cover for both personal and commercial clients for the same premium in order to retain business and balance the books, a move that could, as in the past, have serious consequences.
Added to this, the industry is still struggling to decide how best to deal with claims, with the old issue of cash versus controlled services once again raising its head, as our expert's roundtable (see pp 3-5) highlighted.
This special report focuses on the challenges and opportunities facing the property sector, both from an underwriting and a claims perspective and we hope you find it both useful and insightful.
Imperial Consultants is the UK's foremost truly independent specialist buildings validation company. It provides insurance companies and their customers a national and unrivalled service for both commercial and domestic roofing and building claims and also produces genuine customer choice. Since our conception in 1988, we have provided our clients average savings of 90%, 55% and 45% for roofing, building and consequential damage respectively (providing the industry's highest repudiation rates and lowest average claims costs). We are providing the best service in a field where, previously, insurers were under-represented.
- The Davies Group - What do you expect from a loss adjuster and associated claims services? Professional expertise? Undoubtedly. Personal service? Without question. The latest technology, delivered by experts? Of course, delivered alongside competitive costs. More than this, you need depth of experience, adding value every time. We are delighted to sponsor the Property 2007 Post Management Briefing, highlighting our determination to lead the way in claims solutions.
- GAB Robins Group - The GAB Robins Group of Companies provides the world's most comprehensive network of loss adjusting and claims management services. On a global scale, the business operates in 52 countries and has over 4000 employees in 722 office locations. We manage over £3bn indemnity spend annually. Throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands, GAB Robins currently provides loss adjusting services to insurers, brokers, corporates and captives. We are recognised for our ability to provide bespoke claims handling solutions by tailoring our service to the client's particular requirements by working in partnership with them in a totally transparent way. We provide full geographical coverage for all areas of the UK mainland and the Channel Islands, without limitation.
- Keoghs handles insurance claims across all lines of business. The commercial litigation team focuses on non-personal injury cases including policy and contract disputes, product liability and recoveries. They handle all types of property litigation matters including subsidence, fire, arson, flood, defective design and construction disputes, as well as property fraud.
- Munters - Through the provision of intelligent property reassurance services, we provide a complete solution to make sure that damaged properties are restored as quickly as possible. Our commitment to progressive improvement ensures we continue to best serve our customers and is encapsulated by our new disposals service that supports insurers environmental stance.
- Ordnance Survey is the provider of the most accurate mapping data for Great Britain. It benefits the insurance industry through an extensive portfolio of intelligent digital information based on one of the world's most detailed geographic databases. Ordnance Survey's highly detailed OS MasterMap is designed to be managed as a fully integrated database offering real benefits through cost and efficiency savings and improved analysis and decision making. It offers insurers the ability to link and visualise geographic, policy, claims and peril information affecting a specific location and calculate risk at individual address rather than postcode level for underwriting and pricing. It can significantly improve accumulation and reinsurance management. It further benefits claims screening and management, counter-fraud measures and the speed of settlements and repudiations. Ordnance Survey can help insurers to enhance both customer service and competitive advantage and can provide real, measurable benefits across many departments within your organisation.
- Plexus is market leader in the handling of subrogated recovery and liability claims and has helped shape the framework for how insurers deal with property claims. Plexus handles property damage claims such as subsidence, flood and fire, undertakes catastrophic loss claims and provides advice on fraudulent claims and policy coverage disputes. Plexus Law is part of the Parabis Group.
- Safehouse UK offers insurance companies a fresh new solution to outsourcing home emergency and building repairs. Safehouse works by reducing the duration of your claims, improving your repudiation ratio, cutting your internal handling costs, raising your customer satisfaction levels, lowering your repair costs. We achieve our goals through our simple belief that the fundamental principles of trust, honesty and fairness are the best way to do business. In this way we can deliver excellent service to both you and your customers.
- Mapflow sponsored the lunch at the event.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm