Martin Bridges has taken on the role of Corporate Affairs Manager at the British Insurance Brokers’ Association.
In the newly created role, Bridges will oversee Biba responses to broker-relevant consultations and act as a go-to on Biba manifesto issues.
Bridges has been with Biba as technical services manager since 2014.
He said: “Having spent many years dealing with clients as a general insurance broker I thoroughly enjoyed providing technical insurance support to our members. However this is an opportunity to delve more deeply into the wider issues, opportunities and challenges facing brokers. I’m looking forward to understanding exactly the issues that impact brokers and to using my skills and experience to make a difference to the broking sector.”
Shaune Worrall will step in to the vacated technical services manager position.
Biba executive director Graeme Trudgill said: “These are key appointments for Biba. More and more we are faced with calls for input from the regulator and Government and Martin’s expertise will be invaluable in ensuring members opinions count. He will also continue to work on some important long term projects to help members such as our work on letters of appointment and other matters being progressed by our Insurance Brokers’ Standards Committee.”
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Majority of customers support a ban on dual pricing
- Blog: What workplace inequality means for insurers