The 2011 film Contagion made for some pretty scary viewing as a virus spread across the world wiping out the population.
But is this purely fiction or could it become fact? That was one of the questions posed during a live webinar held last week by Post in association with the Chartered Insurance Institute's Future Risks Covered campaign.
As faster air travel continues to make the world a smaller place, the expert panel was asked which business classes could be affected, what insurers are doing to help risk managers mitigate a future pandemic, and whether the population will become more susceptible to disease as lifestyles and diets change.
Richard Waterer, UK and Ireland leader, Mark Risk Consulting
Elaine Heyworth, non-executive director, AIRMIC
Malcolm Hyde, executive director, the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
Martin Dockrill, sssociate, JLT Speciality Ltd.
Moderator: Jonathan Swift, editor-in-chief, Post
- Buzzvault announces long-term growth plans following Munich Re tie-up
- Spotlight on ADAS: Why ADAS is not a fit and forget system
- Allianz UK CEO Dye declines to comment on XL acquisition rumours
- Zurich begins new initiative aimed at partnering with 'innovators'
- Blog: The 130 missed opportunities to make a flooded home resilient
- Allianz UK operating profit climbs by 26% in 2017
- Irish regulator forces CBL Insurance Europe to close shop