When Penny decided to move with the times and get rid of her battered old typewriter little did she know that others were not following suit.
Just the other day, Penny was within earshot of a young insurer – he couldn’t have been more than 30 or so – who was bemoaning the fact that one of his brokers still used a typewriter and had no email account! The young chap said: “There are still brokers I deal with who use typewriters. They type it and then they post it. While we progress our software, if the broker is still operating in the 1940s world there’s no point us changing it because it’s irrelevant to them.” Fancy that! And here Penny is, eager as ever to fast forward to these modern 20th century times where electronic mail is all the rage...
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- Analysis: Industry faces financial blow from discount rate revision
- Allianz in 'advanced negotiations' with partners to launch open platform
- Allianz and LV win big at 2019 British Insurance Awards: Full list of winners
- Zurich's Tulsi Naidu on IPT as a drag on the insurance industry
- Ageas confirms Axa's Waks as chief risk officer for UK