Martin Ashfield is property and lifestyle claims director at Axa.
Martin joined the insurance industry in 1986 and has remained in the claims arena since then covering a variety of roles across most business classes including operational claims handling, project management, operational management and strategic planning.
Based in the Bolton Centre of Excellence, Martin is responsible for all aspects of Commercial Property, Household, Travel, Creditor and Motor Trade claims in the UK for Axa, incorporating delivery to customers and cost control, together with the development and implementation of the strategic operational plans incorporating the Property and Lifestyle Supply Chain.
Martin has worked on various ABI initiatives and Working Groups in the last decade and has been involved in industry activity around issues and responses to Surge events, and other property related topics and is a regular speaker and contributor at Claims Conferences.
Martin has been a Board member of the CII Claims Faculty for the last 4 years advising on Strategy and supporting the CII in their goal of providing development for their members. He is also an active member of the Bolton CII Council, where he is currently Deputy President.
Outside of work, Martin can usually be found doing some sport, either cycling or cricket, though these days the cricket is more limited to coaching rather than playing!
- Zurich settles two claims from Westminster terror attacks
- ERS owners explore potential sale
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Co-op hits out at software viability in IBM legal dispute
- CBL broker EISL stages management buyout
- Insurance firm director jailed for 31 false claims and Manchester Arena terror attack fraud