As Post approaches the 10th anniversary of its Rehabilitation First Awards, the brand remembers how it has long been a supporter of the principle of early intervention in the claims process for those needing rehabilitation to return them to the position they were in pre-incident.
Editor Stephanie Denton in conversation with David Bingham, chair of the British Association of Rehabilitation Companies
However, some in the insurance industry are guilty of taking longer to come around to this principle and it is an area which still sees a lot of debate. With this in mind, as part of Post's Claims video edition, David Bingham, chair of the British Association of Rehabilitation Companies, talked to Post about the debate on dispensing with low-value personal injury payouts in favour of pure rehabilitation, whether cost is a prohibitive barrier to insurers, the delays in personal injury claims and the issue of fraud.
Read about the other videos in the Claims edition:
Association of British Insurers' property, fraud and specialty lines head Aidan Kerr on the problem of fraud in the insurance sector.
Absolute Partnership's technical director Colin Hawes discusses The Claims Portal.
Sarah Mallaby, head of motor claims at Allianz Insurance, on whiplash.
Gary Hindley, insurance services manager at Signet, reveals the intricacies of emotive jewellery claims.
Flood Re interim chief executive Tom Woolgrove explains the timetable for Flood Re.
We are excited to announce that @SFoodbanks and the Sunday morning initiative team will be joining us at this years @WDragonboat ! The team will have their collection van so bring any food donations you can for local foodbanks #HungerDoesntWearClubColours #CharityTuesday pic.twitter.com/UT9Diup11C— Carpenters Group (@CarpentersGroup) August 20, 2019
- Former Aon employee alleges sexism at the company left her with ‘mental health complications’
- Ardonagh reveals future plan for Swinton as all branches close
- Deal struck to exempt Irish drivers in the UK from green cards after no-deal Brexit
- This week: Winners and lasers
- Telematics Watch: Improving customer engagement and building trust
- Blog: Business interruption and maximum indemnity period – how long should it be?
- Loss adjuster Graham High Group promotes Austin Snelgrove to MD role