CEO, Aviva UK General Insurance
Heading up the UK side of the biggest general insurer in the UK, Holmes steers the ship while it fights for whiplash reform, invests in nimble start-ups and dips its toe into the connected home market.
2017 is sure to be an interesting year in all these sectors. He has a new boss in the form of Andy Briggs but as Briggs's strengths lie in the life side, Holmes is sure to have a big say in GI.
- Customers in line for compensation as UK broker fails
- Over 20 start-ups pledge support for proposed insurtech trade body
- Zurich CUO takes on RSA UK role
- Lloyd’s sees diminished results even as it shrugs off 2017 losses
- My other life: Assistant football referee - David Roome, NMU Glasgow
- Amanda Blanc makes first appearance as ABI chair
- Marsh appoints UK corporate CEO