The winners of the Claims Awards Asia-Pacific 2017 were unveiled in Singapore last night at the Marina Mandarin hotel.
Congratulations to the winners:
Young Achiever of the Year: Zi Lim, claims advocate, FinPro, Marsh Singapore
Insurer Claims Team of the Year: Etiqa Insurance
Fraud Team of the Year: Axa Affin General Insurance
Claims Innovation of the Year: BOC Group Life
Highly commended: FWD Singapore
Claims Legal Services Provider of the Year: RPC
Claims Service Provider of the Year: MDD
Lifetime Achievement Award: Wee-Loon Yong, regional vice president, property and energy claims, AIG Asia-Pacific
The shortlist is available here.
The judges were: Stuart Devine, claims director, Asia-Pacific, Starr Insurance; Peter Newall, director and senior claims manager, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions; Simon Shaw, vice president - claims, Asia-Pacific, Liberty International Underwriters (Singapore); Neil Thomas, head of claims - Asia, Willis Towers Watson; and Dan Smith, director, Alliance.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Analysis: Industry faces financial blow from discount rate revision
- ‘Bad outcome’ for industry as discount rate revised to -0.25%
- Allianz and LV win big at 2019 British Insurance Awards: Full list of winners
- British Insurance Awards 2019: Commercial Lines Broker of the Year - SME/Mid-Corporate - Towergate Insurance Brokers
- Majority of disputed claim rulings are won by insurers
- Zurich names Amanda Blanc's successor
- Ageas confirms Axa's Waks as chief risk officer for UK