Only one-fifth of the UK population purchases insurance for their pet yet incidences of fraud are soaring, from £420,000 in 2009 to nearly £2m in 2014.
What are the different types of fraudulent claims and how is the industry tackling them? Post's research editor Michèle Bacchus recently sat down with Crif Decision Solutions director Sara Costantini to find out how the sharing of data across the sector could help combat pet insurance fraud.
This video is part of a Spotlight series on pet insurance. Read part one on pet insurance in the UK, part two on pet claims and pet insurance fraud or part three on solutions to combat pet insurance fraud.
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Polaris appoints Gallagher’s Vivek Banga as MD
- Blog: Who Monitors Wins
- FSCS mulls raising levies on brokers using unrated