It was only a matter of time before a major loss adjuster fell victim to the demands placed on it by an extremely competitive market.
While it was Merlin that fell on its wand, what lessons can loss
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Analysis: SME risk management: Loss of appetite
- Zurich's Tulsi Naidu on IPT as a drag on the insurance industry
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'