To what extent can you rely on an auctioneer's description? The question was raised in a recent case against Christie's that concerned the provenance of a pair of Louis XV-style porphyry urns.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages