Winner: Towergate Insurance Brokers
- Ascend Broking Group
- Ashley Page Insurance Brokers
- Aston Lark
- BHIB Insurance Brokers Club Insure & NDML
Towergate Insurance Brokers won the Commercial Lines Broker of the Year - SME/Mid-Corporate award for its excellent level of service, dedicated support and specialist consultancy services.
Combining local understanding with sector expertise, Towergate has focused on “advice over price” and provides its clients with honesty, proactivity and tailored expertise.
A dedicated online risk management service offers health and safety, HR and employment law advice, multiple accredited risk management training courses and a helpline, should the unexpected happen.
Client risk alerts and interactive campaigns inform clients on underinsurance and emerging risks, while the broker’s own business interruption calculator can identify gaps in cover and weaknesses in client’s insurance programmes, and a one policy admin system across the business allows teams to react efficiently.
As for its own people, Towergate offers technical competency programmes and training webinars, and encourages talent development. The result is a highly engaged workforce – an impressive 90% of the business took part in its 2018 internal engagement campaign.
One judge said: “This business has scale in its turnaround, commands respect in local markets and covers everything you would expect from a commercial lines broker.”
We’re delighted to receive this award. I want to thank all our people in our local offices, who have worked as a team, developed real relationships with clients and the local community, and delivered the best technical advice to make this possible. Over the past five years we’ve got better, faster, stronger and scooping this award is a testament to our growth.Joe Thelwell, CEO, Towergate
- FCA announces crackdown over treatment of vulnerable customers
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Hiscox floats seized ship cover as Iran Gulf tensions threaten premiums
- Blog: Home insurance - the rise of non-standard
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Investment returns drive Beazley half-year profit as it strengthens cat reserves
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer