Winner: Tom Garrett, RFIB
- Vicki Carr, Wrightsure Services (Hampshire)
- Jakub Chalupczak, RFIB
- Harriet Conway, Allianz Insurance
- Natasha Hookings, Be Wiser
- Kuldip Kang, Allianz Insurance
The award for Young Achiever was presented to a young man whose professional life is tackled with tenacity and aplomb, leaving him with a string of outstanding qualifications and unrivalled business successes.
In fact, it is difficult to find an area in which Tom Garrett, insurance and reinsurance broker in the marine international division of RFIB, has fallen short.
While collecting his industry qualifications, Tom’s commitment to supporting his peers’ development has been commendable.
Now a dissertation guide for other candidates undertaking the Level 7 London Market Insurance Specialisation qualification, Tom also leads on specialist goods and cargo qualifications.
Having joined RFIB in 2011, Tom also handles RFIB’s political violence business, particularly in Southern Africa.
The company’s Japanese accounts were also Tom’s remit, thanks to his love of language learning, and he played a vital role winning a Japanese Fire Mutual Treaty - the first time a Japanese mutual had moved outside the big three brokers.
The unofficial secretary for U35 events, Tom has also thrown himself into the social side of the company and shown himself to be a natural leader.
It is a great honour to win the Young Achiever of the Year award at the British Insurance Awards. I am very thankful to everyone who has supported me at RFIB along the way. It is a great company to be part of and is currently going from strength to strength.Tom Garret, reinsurance broker, RFIB
We believe in the potential of youths to shape their own futures. #Allianz, together with @sos_children & @VolVision, runs a digital mentoring program to help youths across the globe learn relevant career & life skills for a brighter future. @UNDESA #YouthDay #YouthDay2019 https://t.co/tImjJecywn— Allianz (@Allianz) 12 August 2019
- Barton steps down as CEO of Wrisk
- Zurich's John Keppel on environmental sustainability
- More than half of London market risks placed electronically in Q2
- Blog: The digital claims manager – a flash in the pan, or sign of progress
- QBE International posts loss following £51m Ogden hit
- Insurtech 100: May - July 2019 quarterly update
- Insurers throw support behind calls to ban use of hands free devices while driving