James Daley, managing director of Fairer Finance, gives his view on the importance of customer centricity and wonders why the industry seems so out of sync with the public it serves.
Daley, pictured, believes insurers should be "willing to give their customers the benefit of the doubt much more often" and puts the onus on insurers to demonstrate their value.
Do you think he's right?
Get involved with the Insurance Debate this week, and make sure your voice gets heard by telling us what you think - is customer centricity the key to bringing our industry out of the Dark Ages and into the realms of a classic and reputable profession?
Why not have your say and join in the debate here.
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year
- Insured losses for the California wildfires could hit $13bn
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Blog: Database overload
- Industry raises £50,000 for dementia research
- Passporting ‘unlikely’ under terms of Brexit deal
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day