by Rachael Adams
This September will see the people of Scotland voting on whether or not they want Scotland to be independent from the rest of the UK - and the implications for the insurance industry, both in the UK and Scotland, could have a dramatic impact.
Katie Marriner investigates the challenges that would be posed by separate regulators and different currencies in the event of devolution, as well as looking at the potential benefits.
The Linked In Debate
Are insurers and brokers confident that they would be able to operate successfully in an independent Scotland? What are the biggest challenges?
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm