With days to go until the British Insurance Brokers’ Association conference at the Excel Arena in London, Insurance Age and Post have teamed up with LV to bring you the definitive online coverage of the event with the video series #BIBAFever.
In this first episode Incisive Media's insurance division editor-in-chief Jonathan Swift and Insurance Age editor Emmanuel Kenning preview the conference by speaking to brokers, the Biba top brass and LV Broker managing director Phil Bunker.
From views on the 2013 speakers to what hacks brokers off most about insurer stands; from how new CEO Steve White plans to set the tone for his regime to whether fish and chips top trumps curry - the first episode of #BIBAFever will cover all the questions you need to know in preparation for the conference.
So sit back and watch this video to find out:
- Why Clear's Howard Lickens is bored of ‘me too' insurers, but enthusiastic about the benefits of walking around the conference with your head down
- Whether Biba's Steve White has ever worn lipstick and Graeme Trudgill donned sunglasses at night
- Phil Bunker's recollections of milking Daisy the Cow at his first Biba conference and why LV will benefit in 2013 from the consistency of the senior management on its stand
- Oamps' Paul Beck offering advice to conference virgins including "pace yourself" and why you should never drink before eleven
And remember stay tuned on Wednesday and Thursday for further coverage of the Biba Conference with more episodes of #BIBAFever.
Until then don't forget to tweet your thoughts of these shows and the event using the #tag #BIBAFever.
Thank you to everyone who came to the @InsCharities golf tournament yesterday. The sun shone eventually and a great day was had by all. Well done to the Team @WTW_ins who took the team trophy with 89 points! 👏👏👏 #golf #insurance #insuranceindustry pic.twitter.com/12i7aqV1bz— Insurance Charities (@InsCharities) September 12, 2019
- Insurance Technology Summit Q&A: Equinix global head of insurance James Maudslay
- Zurich receives dressing down on small business payment practices
- Guy Carpenter senior boss fired over 'glazed ring' incident
- Lloyd's prepared to 'hang' perpetrators of bad behaviour after sobering culture survey
- RSA merges commercial businesses
- This week in Post: Culture vultures
- Analysis: Trampoline parks – on an upward trajectory for insurance?