The latest in our series of Broker Business Clubs in association with Zurich, took place in Belfast where the panellists discussed the food and beverage sector and the pressures, strains and opportunities that existed within it.
The panellists also debated whether the current soft market in Belfast was down to the nature of the business, new capacity entering the market or broker appetite to win more business in a tough economic environment. Taking part in the discussion, which was held under Chatham House rules where no comments are directly attributed, a selection of the city’s top brokers. They were joined by Zurich’s representatives Stephen Boyles, head of broker at the insurer’s Belfast office and Adrian McGuire, head of commercial broker property.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year