The All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services will hear from a wide range of speakers tomorrow on how the fight against motor insurance fraud is progressing
This session will look at the progress the insurance industry is making in combatting fraud; if cut backs among police forces are hampering progress; and whether there are justifiable concerns that some would-be participants are being marginalised from the anti-fraud fight to the detriment of honest policyholders?.
Martin Andrews, Credit Hire Organisation, director general
Steve Evans, CHO chairman and Accident Exchange CEO
Neil Thomas, Director of investigative services at Accident Exchange and APU
Detective Superintendent Maria Woodall, Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department
Detective Chief Inspector David Wood, Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department
Tuesday 10 February
Committee Room 18, House of Commons
Insurance fraud – what progress has the industry made and are the resources being fully utilised?
The meeting is open to the public. If you are attending you should allow plenty of time to enter the Palace of Westmister as the queues for public admission can sometimes be very long.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Money Supermarket clone site shut down
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Victor names incoming UK boss
- Ecclesiastical hauled over coals in child abuse inquiry
- Hastings reveals Ogden rate hit
- British Insurance Awards 2019: Commercial Lines Broker of the Year - SME/Mid-Corporate - Towergate Insurance Brokers