However, globally overall investment levels fell by almost half, at $5.7bn in 2018.
There were 13 deals worth $100m or more worldwide throughout the year, according to KPMG’s Pulse of Fintech report.
- Dewsall-owned MGA Hogarth enters liquidation
- Ex-Allianz and Axa pair launch 'open source' insurtech
- Blog: Strict liability for animals: a dance with dragons
- Eldon appoints chairman and NED
- Swinton left with only 20 branches after latest closures
- Analysis: Collapse of Lamp highlights lessons still to be learned
- Analysis: Are AI solutions being used to mitigate risks?