Aviva has acquired a majority stake in connected home insurtech Neos.
The insurer has upped its stake in the Gary Lineker-backed start-up, saying it plans to “harness” the technology for its customers.
Aviva already had a stake in Neos through its investment arm, Aviva Ventures.
Rob Townend, managing director of Aviva UK General Insurance said: “By taking a majority share in the business, we’ll be able to use Neos’s expertise in smart technology,
“Harnessing the power of smart home technology allows customers to better manage what’s happening in their homes as well as helping them to avoid a small problem, like a slow water leak, becoming a big inconvenience.”
Neos CEO, Matt Poll said: “I know Aviva shares our excitement about the future for our technology and innovative proposition in the insurance market and what Neos can go on to achieve.”
- Loss-making GRP spent £112.6m on acquisitions over its last financial year
- Mike Bruce promoted to GRP group managing director
- Hiscox's James Brady on why cyber knowledge remains a barrier
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Marsh boss joins GRP-backed Marshall Wooldridge