Aviva has acquired a majority stake in connected home insurtech Neos.
The insurer has upped its stake in the Gary Lineker-backed start-up, saying it plans to “harness” the technology for its customers.
Aviva already had a stake in Neos through its investment arm, Aviva Ventures.
Rob Townend, managing director of Aviva UK General Insurance said: “By taking a majority share in the business, we’ll be able to use Neos’s expertise in smart technology,
“Harnessing the power of smart home technology allows customers to better manage what’s happening in their homes as well as helping them to avoid a small problem, like a slow water leak, becoming a big inconvenience.”
Neos CEO, Matt Poll said: “I know Aviva shares our excitement about the future for our technology and innovative proposition in the insurance market and what Neos can go on to achieve.”
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing
- Brightside winds up lawsuits under Brendan McCafferty
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett