Jonathan Evans MP, chair for the All Party Parliamentary Group for Insurance and Financial Services.
Since his election as MP for Cardiff North, Evans has been the chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance and Financial Services and is a former Insurance Minister. In autumn 2012 he became the chairman of the Associate Parliamentary Group on Wholesale Financial Markets and Services.
Evans was the Director of Insurance at the City of London office of Eversheds. He has also been a consultant on London Market issues to several major North American insurance corporations.
He was a non-executive director with the NFU Mutual Insurance Group (2000-2010) and chairman of the Pearl Group, latterly Phoenix Life Holdings, until 2010. He remains the chairman of the subsidiary life companies within the Group.
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers
- Analysis: SME risk management: Loss of appetite