The regulator is focusing on the GI sector due to how extensively data is used in the market and the significance of the sector for consumers.
The FCA is also interested in how big data might affect
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- Allianz in 'advanced negotiations' with partners to launch open platform
- Blog: Fires and cars - spontaneous combustion is 'use'
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers