Penny is no stranger to glitzy black tie awards dos, but Post's recent Claims Awards provided a rare first for even this seasoned veteran.
Judging by the looks on some of the faces scattered around the plush Kensington venue, Penny wasn't alone in being surprised and amused by guest speaker Colin Murray's impromptu decision to start handing out awards he had made up himself - such as the best dressed, the baldest head and even the most likely to get drunk and get up to something they shouldn't. Thankfully the lady from the LV table who had the dubious honour of picking up the latter ‘award' took it all in good humour.
Follow Penny on Twitter
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- Analysis: Mitigating the risk of sexual harrassment in the workplace
- GRP buys Lancashire-based broker
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers