The past year has been extraordinarily busy for accountants. Recent regulatory changes and, in particular, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, have created a strong demand for accountancy skills.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year