GROUP HEAD OFFICE XL House 70 Gracechurch Street London EC3V 0XL Tel: 020 7933 7000 ww...
GROUP HEAD OFFICE
70 Gracechurch Street
London EC3V 0XL
Tel: 020 7933 7000
A year in the news
January - March 2008
- January: Loses Clare Pardy - underwriter responsible for its UK retail account, global marketing and sponsorship for fine art and specie - to Ecclesiastical.
- March: Parent company announces Michael McGavick is to take over from outgoing group chief executive Brian O'Hara in May, subject to Bermudian authorities' approval.
April - June 2008
- April: Hires Philip Hogg as environmental underwriter.
- May: Opens first UK office outside London, in Newcastle. Terry Nichol, regional manager for UK middle market, will be based at the new office.
- June: One of seven insurers to throw its support behind an Association of Insurance and Risk Managers initiative to limit the potential use of "reservation of rights".
July - September 2008
- July: Admits plans to make cost cuts over the next year after announcing its net income has fallen to $237.9m (£120.3m) (2007: $544.5m (£310.1m)) for the quarter ended 30 June.
- July: Launches risk solution with early warning system for competitive UK middle market.
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- O’Connor replaces Fairchild at the helm of Broker Network
- Analysis: The mystery of the missing Insurance Fraud Taskforce report
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Green light for UK-US insurance trade deal
- Majority of customers support a ban on dual pricing