Mr Pola was in charge of building works where some unqualified Slovakian nationals were working on site. One of them, Dusan Dudi, fell from a platform and suffered a severe head injury.
- Whiplash bill clears final hurdle before receiving Royal Assent
- Insurers warned a 'robust' system will be in place to monitor discount rate savings
- Motor insurers paying out record £23m in claims every day
- Staff at collapsed RIIG owed thousands in unpaid wages
- Four insurance businesses among latest Women in Finance Charter signatories
- Rising star: Declan Shaw, Cowens
- Relaunched insurer Folgate to write £35m in first year