XL was founded in 1986 by 68 of the world's largest global operations. Over the past decade, XL Capi...
XL was founded in 1986 by 68 of the world's largest global operations. Over the past decade, XL Capital - through strategic mergers and acquisitions with several companies, including Winterthur International Insurance Company, NAC Re Corporation, ECS, Mid Ocean Reinsurance and Intercargo Corporation - has established itself as a leading provider of insurance, reinsurance, and financial products and services solutions throughout the world.
XL Capital has 90 operating subsidiaries and affiliates in 30 countries with approximately 3000 employees.
XL London Market is one of the leading operations at Lloyd's, managing Syndicate 1209, with capacity to accept premium of over $500m (£313.76m).
The XL London Market syndicate offers underwriting expertise and market leadership in various lines of business - particularly the marine disciplines of hull, liabilities, offshore energy and cargo; fine art & specie; bloodstock; international aviation; and war and political risk.
Figures: XL Insurance.
- Top 100 Insurtech: Quarter four update
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- I work in insurance: Stephanie Horton, River Canal Rescue
- Charles Taylor bolsters liability team by hiring senior sextet from Vericlaim
- Travel insurtech Pluto begins beta test
- Insurtech diary: Getting stuck into insurance
- Gallagher Bassett acquires claims management firm