Alexander Forbes has appointed Charles Reese as managing director of North American Casualty as part...
Alexander Forbes has appointed Charles Reese as managing director of North American Casualty as part of its expansion drive in North America.
With more than 20 years' specialist experience in North American Casualty, Mr Reese has expertise in placing a wide range of casualty programmes, including industrial, chemical and energy companies as well as utilities, construction projects, railroads and hospitals.
Mr Reese started his career at Sedgwick before joining Alexander Forbes from Marsh, where he was a senior vice-president in the North American Casualty Division, working in Bermuda, New York and London.
Reporting to John Horsley (chief executive officer of the international division), Charles will be working closely with a number of colleagues who are already active in producing North American business.
Commenting on Charles' appointment, Alistair Bell, chairman of the international division, said: "Over the last six months, we have seen a marked increase in enquiries from our North American client base.
"Charles' appointment clearly demonstrates Alexander Forbes' commitment to our North American development strategy, and to meeting our clients' increasing demands. We are delighted that Charles has decided to join our successful team."
- Home insurance insurtech Buzzvault launches
- Ed unveils CEO Hearn’s replacement and plots Bermuda office
- Roundtable: Is a single customer view taking off in insurance?
- Aviva promises to 'reinvent' insurance and end dual pricing
- Brightside winds up lawsuits under Brendan McCafferty
- CBL Corporation expected to be placed in liquidation, sees further delays to watershed meeting
- Hyperion hires CFO to replace Oliver Corbett