Post caught up with LV Broker commercial lines MD Mike Crane, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
Decent Coffee and Bacon Buttie - essential for rejuvenating the body for day two!
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
In all the years going to BIBA still yet to make it to see any of the keynote speakers. Will have to do it this year!
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Thanks to google I am torn between Emmeline Pankhurst and Danny Boyle..
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Panacea of course....
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Analysis: Mitigating the risk of sexual harrassment in the workplace
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- GRP buys Lancashire-based broker
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers