Post caught up with LV Broker personal lines MD Michael Lawrence, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
A golf umbrella - handy for typical Manchester weather and, er, playing golf.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I don't tend to go to the sessions as we're busy talking to brokers on our stand but Joe Simpson from Touching the Void fame who demonstrated the need for proper planning and preparation and the consequences of not doing both.
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Don Whillans; a plumber who grew up in urban Manchester and escaped the city through climbing. He climbed many of the hardest routes in the world including first ascents on Everest and was a real hard man who stayed true to his gritty roots.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Panacea where we hold our drinks event - always THE event for brokers to go.
- British Insurance Awards: Young blood - Young Achiever Winners then and now
- ABI backs ethnicity pay gap reporting proposals
- Qatar Re ‘not involved’ in Markerstudy's £185m Co-op deal
- Blog: Telematics data delivers claims validation yet insurers forego the facts
- Majority of cyber policies are 'flawed'
- Axa UK appoints COO from Hiscox
- Markerstudy buys Co-op Insurance for £185m