Post caught up with LV Broker personal lines MD Michael Lawrence, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
A golf umbrella - handy for typical Manchester weather and, er, playing golf.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I don't tend to go to the sessions as we're busy talking to brokers on our stand but Joe Simpson from Touching the Void fame who demonstrated the need for proper planning and preparation and the consequences of not doing both.
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Don Whillans; a plumber who grew up in urban Manchester and escaped the city through climbing. He climbed many of the hardest routes in the world including first ascents on Everest and was a real hard man who stayed true to his gritty roots.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Panacea where we hold our drinks event - always THE event for brokers to go.
Sounded a good plan, Exec Team Visit to our wonderful claims team in Morecambe, bit of a ‘Back to the Floor’ & dish out some Easter Eggs. Lovely. So how did I end up with these & having to wear them home on the train? Thanks @helenidle @AXAUK @AXA_Broker #BunnyEars pic.twitter.com/cNd80WnRPd— David Williams (@AXADavidW) April 17, 2019
- Claims Apprentice 2019: Episode 6 - The interviews
- Blog: To grow, insurers must hit the open road
- Blog: The changing landscape of identity theft
- Analysis: How can insurers offset the increased repairer costs associated with Adas?
- Motor premium upturn 'on the horizon' after modest Q4 price cuts: Confused and WTW
- Analysis: Joining forces on Adas: How motor manufacturers are looking to work with insurers on driver safety
- Customers increasingly looking to credit to pay for premiums: research