Post caught up with LV Broker personal lines MD Michael Lawrence, ahead of the Biba conference in Manchester.
What is the best thing you have ever picked up at a Biba stand?
A golf umbrella - handy for typical Manchester weather and, er, playing golf.
Who is the most impressive speaker you have ever seen at a Biba Conference?
I don't tend to go to the sessions as we're busy talking to brokers on our stand but Joe Simpson from Touching the Void fame who demonstrated the need for proper planning and preparation and the consequences of not doing both.
Who is your favourite Mancunian?
Don Whillans; a plumber who grew up in urban Manchester and escaped the city through climbing. He climbed many of the hardest routes in the world including first ascents on Everest and was a real hard man who stayed true to his gritty roots.
What is your favourite Manchester haunt for food and/or drinks?
Panacea where we hold our drinks event - always THE event for brokers to go.
A huge well done to all involved with organising our Remembrance Day event on Friday, including our Corporate Real Estate team. One of them, Ibrahim, took this incredible footage of poppies dropping as he (along with others) leaned (safely!) over the gantry to let them go. pic.twitter.com/pSbapkWBBR— Lloyd's (@LloydsofLondon) November 12, 2018
- RSA pulls out of three London market lines
- Interview: Ian Muress, Sedgwick International
- Mike Brockman reveals plans for ‘next generation’ telematics
- California wildfire losses expected to hit record levels
- Aviva to transfer 1.39m policies to Irish post-Brexit hub
- Hyperion takes on $115m of debt to fund further acquisitions
- Zego to offer ‘flexible’ business insurance through challenger bank Starling