Carnegie-Brown, who became chair in 2014, also became chairman of Lloyd’s of London in 2016.
He will be replaced by Robin Freestone, who has been a non-executive director at the price comparison site
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers