It has been a long road to reform of the personal injury discount rate. The Ministry of Justice first started consulting on the subject in 2012, and it is only now being delivered.
The clock to
Zurich disappointed in new #discountrate. David Nichols, Ch Claims Officer: "The failure to change the discount rate to a balanced level will only serve to increase the cost and, therefore, affordability of certain types of insurance - especially for higher risk customers." pic.twitter.com/ac1CfBzfxX— Zurich Insurance UK (@ZurichInsUK) July 15, 2019
- Revealed: Leaked emails show Ecclesiastical staff using 'callous' language over child abuse claims
- Insurers attack 'misleading and wholly disingenuous' discount rate impact assessment
- This week: Gaukward moment for insurers following Ogden change
- 30,000 Alpha policyholders to be moved to new insurer
- Aviva's Neos hopes to double UK customer base by year end
- Half of industry growth over next five years to be driven by M&A, say insurers
- Young driver curfew plans 'could have deadly consequences'